15 Mar Underwriting Executive
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Guernsey to recruit a Underwriting Executive.
- Assist with or carry out design, review and development of client or prospective client underwriting programmes. A high level of interaction is required to enable structures to evolve in order that the client obtains the maximum value from the operation of the captive.
- Maintain the highest standards of client service in regard to enquiry response times, routine underwriting tasks and preparation of information for board packs etc.
- Monitor and control the workload of clients as necessary to ensure a smooth effective service is provided at all times
- Draft primary policies where applicable
- Obtain the client’s agreement to the primary wording and ensure that they understand all aspects of the cover
- Deal with reinsurance issues, including ensuring that any reinsurance broker involved has placed the business without any differences in conditions
- Debit premiums in a timely fashion and ensure that all policy details are entered correctly to enable underwriting statistics and accounts to be produced
- Agree reporting requirements with the directors and any departments of the client that require regular details and design the corresponding spreadsheets and documents
- Make sure that all business written complies with all legal requirements and regulations. Some clients have set procedures and internal requirements that their subsidiaries must comply with, the relevant systems must be set up to enable deadlines and criteria etc to be met
- Ensure that all renewal procedures and negotiations are carried out in good time.
- Deal with all aspects of claims from notification through to settlement, including reinsurance aspects where relevant
- Provide information to allow for preparation of budgets and forecasts in a clear and easily understood format
- Prepare and coordinate Board Papers and management reports as and when required
- Present underwriting and related matters at Board Meetings both verbally and in a user-friendly visual format through the effective use of information technology
- Provide clear, concise, user-friendly technical information as and when required
Category | Insurance
Level | Senior
Type | Permanent
Ref Number | AD-GSY-2905