15 Mar Trust Administrator
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Guernsey to recruit a Trust Administrator.
- Respond positively and promptly to client demands and provide consistent, high-quality service to clients.
- Meet targets and objectives set by Managers and have an understanding of the consequences associated with missing deadlines.
- Review all work before handover to the Manager.
- Seek feedback from others regarding own performance and with manager assistance produce SMART objectives following one-to-one meetings.
- Attend agreed relevant courses to improve technical knowledge and complete relevant trust qualification.
- Respond positively to requests for help and support in the team and share existing knowledge and skills for the benefit of the team.
- Ensure proper completion of all documentation under the flexi-sheet and APS timekeeping systems.
- Ensure that all office and departmental procedures are adhered to.
- Set up and maintain statutory records including minutes of directors and shareholders meetings and trustee resolutions for a defined portfolio of clients and assist senior staff in maintaining other records as necessary.
- Have a good working knowledge of the computer system and ensure that all necessary client information is contained in the database and updated as requested.
- Be competent in the day to day bookkeeping for companies and trusts to trial balance. With training and experience become involved in dealing with basic accounts.
- Liaise with bankers over remittance of money, deposit accounts and investment transactions.
- Open/close trust and company bank accounts.
- Liaise with brokers over investment transactions and settlement instructions.
- Have a working knowledge and with tuition and practice, become competent in the formation of limited companies and setting up of new trusts.
- Complete billing forms as necessary.
- Adhere to compliance procedures and ensure that all documentation regarding client review is provided to client reviewers in a timely manner.
- Produce a simple set of accounts with assistance.
- Demonstrate basic tax knowledge.
- The ability to discuss technical matters with seniors.
- Any other relevant duties as requested by your Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 GSCEs, including Maths and English at C grade or above
- Previous experience in a trust administration role
- ICSA Cert or STEP Certificate Qualification preferred.
- Good communication skills and ability to develop effective relationships at all levels
- Effective organisational and planning skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient in all relevant IT programmes
Category | Trust / Administration
Level | Admin
Type | Permanent
Ref Number | AD-GSY-2904