15 Oct Senior Legal Advisor
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in both Jersey and Guernsey to recruit a Senior Legal Advisor on either island.
- Participates in supporting the business activities across the Group, with a key focus on the Channel Islands business
- Analyses the legal risks of the business activities, as well as operations offered to customer and prospective customers, associated in particular to:
- Provision of private banking and credit services
- Financial services regulation and their impact on the Group
- Financing documentation and implementation of guarantees
- Trusts and fiduciary services
- Contracts with financial intermediaries and service providers
- New products and services.
- Ensures compliance with the Legal Handbook and Legal Function Charter;
- Cooperates in any significant issue/investigation (including client complaints, employee actions etc) within the Group and in co-ordination with any major litigation or dispute including the treatment of litigation;
- Assists on files or requests coming from the Head Office legal department;
- Participates in the work of the Legal function of the Group (including the reporting tool, legal function works and legal and regulatory watch etc);
- Assists in ensuring the delivery of a legal and regulatory watch for the Group is completed and senior management are regularly appraised of material legal and regulatory changes;
- Participates in internal training programmes and continues to maintain up to date and relevant legal education through internal / external seminars
- Participates in developing relationships with external legal suppliers to ensure an appropriate, efficient and cost-effective provision of external legal support to the Group.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships
Category | Legal
Level | Mid
Type | Permanent
Ref Number | AD-GSY-2340