08 Nov IT Support Officer
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Guernsey to recruit an IT Support Officer on a temporary contract.
- Work to resolve issues in a timely manner and provide high quality user support for IT systems and equipment. Directly support, configure and setup common software applications (such as Microsoft Office), desktop PCs, laptops, mobile phones, retail systems, and mobile computers used by postal workers. Ensure issues are escalated if they cannot be resolved.
- Maintain IT asset list and ensure new assets are tagged.
- Record all material issues and requests in the helpdesk ticket system and appropriately document resolutions for future reference.
- Work with the IT Systems Specialist to assist with network administration as required, such as resetting passwords, setting up user accounts and administering backup processes. Diligently carry out daily and other scheduled maintenance and review tasks.
- Be aware of evolving cyber threats and work in a secure manner highlighting any potential risks. Provide practical advice to users as required, for example on potential phishing emails.
- Assist with patching of software systems.
- Work as part of a small team, providing cover and sharing experiences and knowledge.
- From time to time travel to branches within Guernsey, other premises within the Bailiwick, and elsewhere may be required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build good working relationships
- Ability to multi-task with good organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst also intelligently asking for support from colleagues when required.
- Logical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Pragmatic and approachable.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Strong team player.
- Valid driving licence.
Category | IT / Commercial
Level | Senior
Type | Permanent
Ref Number | AD-GSY-2431