08 Nov In-House Legal Associate
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Guernsey to recruit a In-House Legal Associate.
- Drafting and updating precedent documents to be used primarily by the Administration team e.g. template minutes, resolutions and other documents as required.
- Maintain a good knowledge of legal and tax practices, primarily for Guernsey and England.
- Drafting legal documents to facilitate client transactions such as trust distributions, termination of trusts, appointment/exclusion of beneficiaries and loans.
- Preparing quarterly legal updates in the form of a report to the board of directors.
- Reviewing and updating policies & procedures.
- Preparing and presenting regular training sessions for the Administration team on areas of interest.
- Legal projects such as drafting responses to industry consultations.
- Reviewing contracts from outside agencies e.g. for IT projects.
- Compiling client briefings on topical areas of interest, such as changes to income tax and factsheets to assist staff in promoting the joint business.
- Reviewing contracts to be entered into by client entities.
- Assisting clients with ad-hoc projects e.g. restructurings.
- Advising and liaising with the Administration team on all legal matters coming within the scope of their daily duties.
- Advising and liaising with Managers, Senior Managers and Directors on points of interest or concern in connection with technical issues, policies and procedures etc.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be required from time to time.
Skills and Experience:
- Hold a law degree, LLB
- Have a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience within a legal environment or within a legal in house role within a financial services business
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels
Category | Legal
Level | Senior
Type | Permanent
Ref Number | AD-GSY-2429