11 Jun HR Advisor
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Guernsey to recruit an HR Advisor.
- The role of the HR Advisor is to support the Director of People & Culture in ensuring that the most effective people strategies are in place, understood by the people managers in the business and adhered to.
- As this role is located on a different island to the Director of People & Culture it requires an individual who is confident to work as part of a remote team whilst also offering essential local support to the Director of Operations in Guernsey.
- Support the Director of People & Culture by identifying people and culture issues, suggesting changes/improvements and then assisting in the delivery of solutions
- Be an influential participant in the People & Culture Team in helping influence the people and culture environment required to deliver the company strategy
- Work closely with the Director of Operations in Guernsey and support them in delivering cultural change in the Guernsey office
- Monitor, measure and review people policies and practices as agreed with the Director of People & Culture and suggest and define new ways of working. This may include but is not restricted to learning and development, training, recruitment, appraisal, retention, progression of employees and employee relations
- Work with people managers to ensure that they are reviewing performance fairly and consistently and plan for adequate team staffing levels at all times.
- Manage people projects and write reports as required to progress the development of a modern and supportive people culture
- Proactively communicate with, influence and support employees to achieve what is expected of them so that the company performs at its very best
- Support people managers in meetings with existing employees and in interviewing new candidates
- As part of the People & Culture Team, ensure that it meets regulatory expectations with regards to data protection and other critical controls relevant to people policies
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other teams and departments, and support the success of other teams as appropriate
- Devise interesting and engaging methods to attract new employees of the right calibre to join Islands in a variety of roles
- Coach people managers to apply policies consistently and correctly
- Work closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention 14 Deliver short-term/one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with the Director of People & Culture
Qualifications & Experience:
- Desired relevant professional qualification e.g. progress with CIPD
- Experience of participating in a modern company people culture preferable
- Working knowledge of HR processes, best practices and employer responsibilities
- Experience of working within a HR environment in a customer facing business
- Ability to write reports and multi-task
- Experience of and experience in a regulated environment preferable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Category | HR
Level | Mid
Type | Permanent
Ref Number | AD-GSY-3130