09 Feb Fibre Optic Network Engineer ( FTC )
Posted at 09:46h in
We have a great new opportunity for a Fibre Optic Network Engineer to join a leading telecommunications provider.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specifically, but not restricted to:
- Installation, interception and fusion splicing of fibre optic cables on both new and live FTTP and point to point Fibre networks.
- The termination and installation of cables at distribution points, fibre nodes, connector block terminals (CBTs) and optical mainframes to the agreed specifications.
- Building new splice points using various underground joint closures and optical distribution frames.
- Splicing, dressing fibre within internal & external closure trays, labelling cables and trays as per job packs and work schedules.
- Testing of fibre services using specialised fibre test equipment such as EXFO IOLM (Intelligent Optical Link Mapper) and OTDR (Optical Time Delay Reflectometer) Testing. Analysing results to pinpoint problems.
- Interpretation and updating of works orders, design schematics, duct space records, cable records and plant diagrams using office computer systems and field based tablet computers.
- Excavation to gain access to networks nodes or footway boxes either by hand or with the aid of mechanical plant.
- The installation of CBTs and the running fibre drop cables from access nodes to Customer premises
More information about this role is available upon request – contact the team today for further details.