Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Guernsey to recruit a Head of Compliance / MLRO.
- Maintain a compliance monitoring programme (CMP) to assess whether the firm is complying with its regulatory requirements on an ongoing basis
- Provide a formal Report to the Board at their quarterly meetings outlining findings from the CMP, any regulatory developments/actions, prospective changes to regulations/legislation which might have an impact on the firm and any staff training and CPD required.
- Act as a point of liaison with respect to reporting to and communications with the GFSC
- Draft and maintain Compliance and AML/CFT Manuals for approval by the Board
- Assist the Board in the production and review of their Business Risk Assessment
- Assist the Board in the management of its risk and its self-assessment under PRISM
- Provide a general compliance advisory role for directors and staff
- Arrange for staff and directors to receive their statutory training to ensure their ongoing competence for their roles
- Assess for suitability and maintain proper client due diligence records (electronic and hard)
- Provide a due diligence “sign off” function for new business cases and new due diligence sourced on existing cases
- Undertake World-Check searches for all new business relationships and upon request / as deemed necessary for existing clients. Maintain an appropriate database of the World-Check results
- Circulate regulatory developments actions as issued by the GFSC to the Board
- Maintain access to the GFSC Online Submissions Portal
- Monitor sanctions screening and recommend any necessary action required, if applicable, to the Board
- Maintain introducer relationships with banks / Investment Managers etc.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4-5 years in a similar role
- Previous experience in the financial sector
- Confidence to present to the Board and other Senior Management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be detail orientated and analytical
- Good team skills and be flexible to change based on the needs of the business
- The capability to work in a deadline/volume driven environment whilst maintaining accuracy and focus
- The ability to prioritise work and focus on the most urgent and important task.
- Skill in planning and monitoring workload including self-management in order to meet deadlines
|Job Category||Compliance/Risk/Internal Audit|
|Job Level||Array |
|Job Id||AD-GSY-1001 |
|Job Time||Full Time |